December 1, 2015 by wimvincken
There is so much confusion going on about the terms terrorists, extremists, criminals, Islam, Christianity, “white-terrorists” and list list goes on for a long time. This article is about getting the answers and allowing you to categorize what’s happening in our world at the moment.
I start with the politician. Why? Because currently, almost everything is related to politics … or madness.
What’s a politician? A person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of or a candidate for an elected office. What’s politics? The activities associated with the governance of a country or other areas, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.
A terrorist, according the definition of the word, is a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims. What’s terrorism? Terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
Some criminals are using terrorism to pursuit their goals. What’s a crime? A crime is an action or omission that constitutes an offense that may be prosecuted by the state and is punishable by law. That doesn’t make them terrorists. What’s a criminal? A person who has committed a crime. With other words, if a person wants to commit a crime, let’s say, kill loads of people to rob series banks, and using violence and intimidation to suggest something different then they are, then the person is a criminal.
Then there are those people who are mentally sick and unstable and that’s an illness. Such mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions – disorders that affect the mood, thinking and behavior. Also some of them can use violence or extreme acts of torture to do their thing. But they are not in pursuit of any political aims and that doesn’t make them terrorists or criminals.
Let’s take one step further. A person, who kidnaps a child, rapes it and slowly tortures it to death might be very likely a mental unstable person, but not necessarily! There are enough (mass) murderers, who enjoy doing this, but they live absolutely normal lives and after they were caught, the psychologists were perplexed, because they couldn’t find anything wrong with them.
What are Islamic extremists? According the definition, it refers to the distinct aspects of extreme interpretations and pursuits of Islamic ideology, which supports … even demands (if needed, violent) expansionism. What is an extremist? It’s driving something or someone to the limit, to the extreme. Islamic is the label for those extremists, just like you can see with the Christian-, Jewish- and Hindu extremists.
So far the definitions. Now categorizing them (based on the current events in the media).
- In South Sudan, fighters are capturing citizens and placing them in temporary camps. Half of the citizens are burned alive, while the other half is forced to eat them. (definition)(source)
How would you categorize those fighters?
- ISIS is beheading people. How would you categorize those people within ISIS?
- How would you categorize the ISIS as an organization?
- The terror attacks on Paris is performed by:
- Is President Obama correct in not relating Islam with ISIS?
- Are the attacking Palestinian women and children terrorists?
- Is the Palestinian President Abbas inciting his people to perform violence on Israeli citizens?
- Are the Israelis murdering the Palestinians?
- Are the Palestinians murdering the Israelis?
- Are the terror attacks in Paris justified?
- Who performed the highest numbers of terror attacks the last months of 2015 … in the US?
- Who supports terrorism?