December 5, 2015 by wimvincken
Poor President Obama. All he wanted was to be a transformational figure. Instead, he’ll be merely a transitional one or outright a failure in person, his policies, his self-denial and his typical views. But events this week will likely mean serious setbacks to him and Hillery Clinton and make the American political landscape more … extreme?
Failures as a leader of the US and the ‘Free West’
He never ended the Iraq war, of course; he simply tried to end US involvement in it. And he failed. Speaking of wars – how’s post-Khadafy Libya? In a word, terrible. And it’s not just about Benghazi. The resulting anarchy from the president’s half-hearted regime-decapitation there left Libya as a source of weapons for other conflicts, such as the one in Mali, and as a place to incubate a range of terrorists — including ISIS.
That’s two strikes in one shot against Obama’s foreign policy: one for his attempt to contain ISIS, which has now expanded to Sirte, and another for his war in Libya.
The Middle East, North Africa and even crucial parts of Central Asia are in turmoil. True, Obama might not have singlehandedly ignited the multi-continent dumpster fire that’s raging. But he certainly hasn’t put it out, either. That’ll be someone else’s job. And if these hotspots do ever cool, it won’t be because of Obama.
Oh, and where was our commander in chief this week as the fire raged? In Paris, working to sign a climate-change deal that won’t change the trajectory of the climate one bit. He wants this to be his legacy, but anything the countries agree to won’t be revolutionary — or even enforceable.
Even his biggest legacy item, ObamaCare, is less than meets the eye in terms of “transformation.” First of all, it’s sputtering toward a death spiral that virtually ensures the next president, regardless of party, will make changes — and treat the program as a work in progress, at best.
And second, and more important, the growth in health insurance coverage in 2014 thanks to ObamaCare was mostly due to the expansion of Medicaid — an existing, and terrible, government program for the poor.
- Midterm Elections: What Is Coming
- End of Socialism and Communism
- Social Media for the Conservatives
- Anarchy in America – the Beginning of the End?
- The Trump Enigma
- Why Does NSA Collects Your Data?
- The Looming Existential Threat – Starts within 20 Years
- Obama, the Best President All Times
- Gigantic Social Media, Impossible to Regulate, Dangerous to Stop!!!
- Now the Left is Building the Walls
- The Destruction of America by the Democrats, the Left, Liberals, Fascists and Socialists
- Genocidal Warmonger, Racist, Prevaricator, Misogynist, Plutocrat, must be Killed …
- What is the best US state to live in 2018?
- Elections Fraud in the Midterm Elections 2018
- Worthless Wind and Sun Industries
- The Red Wave
- The American Leftist Dream
- It’s Going Bad to Worse for America
- Republicans and Trump Deserve What They Get
- The Real Threat to America – Being Dump
- Proof of Concept for the Democrats
- UPDATED: What’s Going On There at the UK?
- How To Fight The Whole World
- Leave the NATO, it’s Absolute and Costly
- A Hero has been born
- Are You Going To Enjoy Your Pension? Not Long Before You’re Murdered!
- Are the UN, EU and NATO threatened?
- Populism – What’s that?
- The Trump Revolution 2016, 2017, 2018 and Counting
- Cursed Journalists
- The New America Under Threat
- The Donald Trump, Evil Reincarnation Himself
- Are Election Polls Reliable?
- UPDATED: Clinton versus Trump, Globalism versus Nationalism
- How to Rig the American Elections 2016
- Corruption in America
- Wikileaks, is it Bad or Good?
- Corrupt Mainstream News Media
- Murderer Hillary Clinton? – REWRITE-2, November 2016
- The Next President of the United States … Welcome Sir or Madame