December 8, 2015 by wimvincken
The lands for the Palestinians are being taken for the pleasure for certain organizations. First, you have the well publicized Jewish settlers, who are trying to grab land from the Palestinians, but you have also the Palestinian Authority who is stealing the land for their own gain, and then we have the Fatah, who’s doing the same and not to forget Hamas.
The settlers are part of the right-winged movement in Israel and they believe that the land, now occupied by the Palestinians, is Jewish land, according the Torah (Jewish bible). The PA and Hamas are taking Palestinian lands for other purposes.
The PA is stealing the land to give it to certain figures in the Palestinian Authority and Hamas is stealing the land because they want to use that as paying old bills.
By stealing their people’s land and distributing it among their followers, Hamas and the PA are further undermining the Palestinian dream of establishing a proper state based on the principles of democracy, accountability, transparency and the rule of law. The beleaguered Palestinian Islamist movement, Hamas, has found an original way to solve its financial crisis. The movement is now planning to pay its unpaid civil servants with former Israeli settlement land in the Gaza Strip.
Gaza was abandoned by Israel in 2005 as part of the “disengagement plan” from the Gaza Strip, the land was supposed to provide a solution to the severe housing crisis in the Palestinian-controlled area. Back then, there was much talk about building new housing projects for thousands of Palestinian families in the Gaza Strip.
Instead, all the grandiose and ambitious plans went right down the drain when Hamas seized control over the Gaza Strip in the summer of 2007. Since then, the entire Gaza Strip has been transformed into a base for various Islamist groups. In addition to suppressing and intimidating the local population, these groups, including Hamas, Islamic Jihad and other jihadi militias, have used the Gaza Strip to launch terror attacks against Israel and threaten Egypt’s national security on the other side of the border.
The Palestinian Authority (PA), which was ousted from the Gaza Strip by Hamas, has since failed to provide any kind of assistance to the 1.8 million Palestinians living there. Today, it is clear that the PA’s chances of returning to the Gaza Strip are zero. The Palestinian Authority is, in fact, lucky still to be in power in the West Bank. Were it not for the presence of the Israel Defense Forces in the West Bank, the Palestinian Authority would have collapsed long ago and Hamas leaders would be sitting today in the office of PA President Mahmoud Abbas in Ramallah.
After months of failed negotiations between Abbas and Hamas to solve the crisis of the unpaid civil servants, the Hamas authorities decided to lay their hands on 1000 dunams (247 acres) of land — part of which once housed the Jewish settlements in the Gaza Strip — and distribute them among its employees. The controversial decision, which is being denounced by many Palestinians as “the biggest land theft,” was taken by members of the Palestinian Legislative Council during a meeting in Gaza City last week. Ziad al-Thatha, a senior Hamas official in the Gaza Strip, explained that the confiscated land would soon be distributed among civil servants who have not received salaries for more than a year. He said that the seized land would also be used to cover the debts of several municipalities in the Gaza Strip.
Another top Hamas official, Salah Bardaweel, defended the decision by arguing that the Palestinian Authority had also previously seized 7000 dunams (1729 acres) in the Gaza Strip for its own interests.
At least they agree on one thing: Confiscating land.
- Why is America Playing the World’s Policeman?
- Competence or Incompetence?
- Thieves of Palestinian Lands
- Europeans are going to Suffer
- History of the Islamic States in Maps
- Islam Maps
- A New Palestinian State? Isn’t that dangerous?
- The Stories behind the News
- Everyone MUST live under the Islamic Law … or DIE!
- Leadership Problems
- Remove the Roots of the Current Evil, Part I
- The Leader for the Country
- Watch your Governments
- Putin, Abbas, Obama, Hitler and Assad Featuring in the Movie The Hobbit
- ‘Church of the Holy Sepulcher is OURS!’, claims Abbas from the PA
- How do Muslims Integrate in their Guest Countries?
- Ongoing Wars all over the World 2
- Ancient History of Israel
- Palestinian Exodus in 1948
- Is Obama Dark Lord Voldemort or Dobby, the House Elf?
- History of the land of Israel
- Moral Hypocrisy of the Moral Hypocrisy
- To Make Israel Happy Again
- Tent Cities in Nepal… and Tel Aviv
- An Example of a major Cyber Attack
- False Intelligence about ISIS
- Chaos in the Middle East
- The Repeated Stupidity of the Palestinians
- Middle East – many words, no results. Part I
- The commander and the intelligence
- Bassam Eid. The Palestinian human rights advocate that opposes boycotts
- PA punishes officers filmed beating Palestinian protesters
- Wholesale produce price hikes reach store shelves
- 7 Palestinians, 4 Israeli Policemen Wounded in East Jerusalem, West Bank Clashes – Haaretz
- Poll: Palestinians split on two-state solution
- All stone throwers – Jew or Arab – are created equal
- Nazi hunter who would track down his mother’s killer is born
- Poll: Palestinians Increasingly Support Terror, Oppose Two-State Solution
- Palestinians increasingly support war with Israel as confidence in peace process fails – survey
- Israel to allow more exports from Gaza