December 9, 2015 by wimvincken
According the history of the US, no. He doesn’t. It’s getting worse, the United States of America had several laws created banning certain groups of people coming or immigrating to the United States. For example, in 1917, the entry was banned to the US for undesirables banned from entering the country, including but not limited to “homosexuals”, “idiots”, “feeble-minded persons”, “criminals”, “epileptics”, “insane persons”, alcoholics, “professional beggars”, all persons “mentally or physically defective”, polygamists, and anarchists. In 1924, the US severely restricted the immigration of Africans and outright banned the immigration of Arabs and Asians. So, what’s so different then what Trumps stated? And what’s so un-American on what Trump is saying?
The Chinese Exclusion Act was a United States federal law signed by President Chester A. Arthur on May 6, 1882. It was one of the most significant restrictions on free immigration in US history, prohibiting all immigration of Chinese laborers. The act followed the Angell Treaty of 1880, a set of revisions to the US-China Burlingame Treaty of 1868 that allowed the US to suspend Chinese immigration. The act was initially intended to last for 10 years, but was renewed in 1892 and made permanent in 1902. The Chinese Exclusion Act was the first law implemented to prevent a specific ethnic group from immigrating to the United States. It was repealed by the Magnuson Act on December 17, 1943.
Immigration Act of 1917
On February 5, 1917, the United States Congress passed the Immigration Act of 1917 (also known as the Asiatic Barred Zone Act) with an overwhelming majority, overriding President Woodrow Wilson‘s December 14, 1916, veto. This act added to the number of undesirables banned from entering the country, including but not limited to “homosexuals”, “idiots”, “feeble-minded persons”, “criminals”, “epileptics”, “insane persons”, alcoholics, “professional beggars”, all persons “mentally or physically defective”, polygamists, and anarchists. Furthermore, it barred all immigrants over the age of sixteen who were illiterate.
The most controversial part of the law was the section that designated an “Asiatic Barred Zone”, a region that included much of Asia and the Pacific Islands from which people could not immigrate. Previously, only the Chinese had been excluded from admission to the country. Attempts at introducing literacy tests were previously vetoed by Grover Cleveland in 1897 and William Taft in 1913. Wilson also objected to this clause in the Immigration Act, but it was still passed by Congress on the fourth attempt.
The Immigration Act of 1924, or Johnson–Reed Act, including the National Origins Act, and Asian Exclusion Act (Pub.L. 68–139, 43 Stat. 153, enacted May 26, 1924), was a United States federal law that limited the annual number of immigrants who could be admitted from any country to 2% of the number of people from that country who were already living in the United States in 1890, down from the 3% cap set by the Immigration Restriction Act of 1921, according to the Census of 1890. It superseded the 1921 Emergency Quota Act. The law was primarily aimed at further restricting immigration of Southern Europeans and Eastern Europeans. In addition, it severely restricted the immigration of Africans and outright banned the immigration of Arabs and Asians. According to the U.S. Department of State Office of the Historian the purpose of the act was “to preserve the ideal of American homogeneity”. Congressional opposition was minimal.
- The Donald Trump, Evil Reincarnation Himself
- Are Election Polls Reliable?
- UPDATED: Clinton versus Trump, Globalism versus Nationalism
- How to Rig the American Elections 2016
- Corruption in America
- Wikileaks, is it Bad or Good?
- Corrupt Mainstream News Media
- Murderer Hillary Clinton? – REWRITE-2, November 2016
- The Next President of the United States … Welcome Sir or Madame
- Hillary Rodham Clinton’s Money Trail
- Obama: The clown is lazy, an idiot and a liar
- 2016 Presidential Hopefuls Gallery and a little voting of our own
- Is Hillery Clinton responsible for the Refuge crisis in Syria?
- Obama interferes with News and Investigations about Terror
- Passivity is a Curse
- Bar Entrance to the US for all Asians, Africans, Arabs, homosexuals, idiots, criminals, epileptics, alcoholics, beggars, mentally or physically defective, polygamists, and anarchists
- Competence or Incompetence?
- What are the requirements of becoming a President of the United States?
- Trump in Triumph over the clueless ‘Leaders’
- ‘Everyone Condemns Trump for his ‘Bar Muslims entering the US’. But what does the US say?
- Mass Murderer President Bashar al-Assad
- ‘No Muslims in the US’ vs ‘Death to America’
- Is Trump making un-American statements when he wants to bar Muslims coming into the country?
- Hypocrites are denouncing Trump extreme Statements?
- The Consequences of Obama’s Foreign Policy
- Why is Obama’s Strategy against ISIS not working?
- Donald Trump and Political Correct – his Prospects are continue to climb
- Donald Trump Calls for Barring Muslims From Entering US
- Mr. Obama’s immoral passivity outstrips Neville Chamberlain’s historic pacifism, which resulted in the World War II
- Thieves of Palestinian Lands